Saturday, October 06, 2012

J. Crew 25% off Sale Purchases {in store}

Happy Saturday! I haven't made a purchase from J. Crew since July, so I was excited to stop by the store today to see what I could find with the extra 25% off, making items final sale. I'm fine with final sale as long as I am buying from the store so that I can try it on beforehand. Unfortunately for this promo I was not able to use my teacher discount.

First off is the neon pink 5 inch chino shorts. I know many of us are preparing for fall, but right now is a good time to buy summer items for next year. These shorts are currently on sale in store for $9.99, and with the extra 25% off they came out to $7.49. Online they are on sale for $29.99. I took my normal size. Love the vibrant pink color!

IMAG0219
neon pink 5 inch chino shorts
Next up is the No. 2 pencil skirt in circle eyelet in the beautiful fresh kiwi color. The skirt is on sale online for $89.99, but I found it today in store for $29.99 plus 25% off, so it came out to $22.49. What's up with the huge price difference?! See it also on Gigi. I paired it with the rugby-stripe boatneck top in black. It's too sheer to wear on it's own for me (it's a rayon/cotton mix). On the model this shirt looks longer than what it looks on me. I kept on my white shirt that I was wearing, so I don't know if it's itchy or not if just wearing a cami under it. The rugby top is selling for $34.99 online, but I purchased it today for $19.99 minus 25% off {$14.99}. See it here on Danielle paired with a pink bubble necklace. I love these colors together!! I took my normal sizes in both.

IMAG0224
Rugby stripe boatneck top & No. 2 pencil skirt in circle eyelet
Keeping with the same color palette, I also spotted the sweet lemon matchstick cords on sale. The bright color is beautiful! The store only had regular and short sizes available, and the regular was just too short for my height. I had a SA order the tall length for me in store, and I was able to get it for the same price and free shipping. The corduroys are still at regular price for $89.50 online, but I got them for $41. I plan on getting a lot of wear from them, and I really like this top with it and the shirt layered underneath.

IMAG0226
sweet lemon matchstick cords (regular length, but I need the tall!)
The last thing I purchased was the beautiful wildflower bracelet. I completely forget about jewelry when shopping at J. Crew for some reason. Anyhow, the color combination of stones is stunning. Online it is on sale for $39.99, I purchased it for $29.99 minus 25% off {22.50}. See it on Lisa.

IMG_20121006_152413.
Wildflower bracelet

So I think I've blown through my October budget in one day, but I think it was worth it. I'm going to thrift the rest of my purchases this month!

Untitled #521

Did you end up shopping too?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. You got yourself some good deals! Can't believe the price discrepancy between instore and online prices. I have the rugby top (navy and retro jade) and love it. I dress it up sometimes for work and wear it casually with jeans on the weekend. Just got the burgundy/red online this morning as well. Good that I have those 20% coupon to bring the price down. But still $28(in Canada).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price discrepancy is ridiculous!! There is very little incentive to shop online with higher prices and shipping to boot. The rugby top is a lot cuter than what I thought it would be. I wanted the jade color, but there was none left in my size. I think I'll be doing a lot of layering with it, and I think it looks great with the bubble necklace. Glad you have a coupon to use! :)

      Delete
  2. I went today - saw the rugby top but didn't think to try it on (looks great on you!)- will definitely go back and try it t on. I forgot to look at the jewelry and other accessories, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like the rugby top at first, but I'm glad that I tried it on! The black/white color is classic, but I also like the retro jade color too. I think it is a great layering piece. I always forget to look at the jewelry, but good thing I paid attention at the sales counter and saw a small stack of bracelets! Happy shopping! :)

      Delete
  3. wowee- those are some great deals! I love the insta-outfit with the yellow cords and rugby shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I'm happy I waited to shop in store. The yellow cords are a beauty, and I love it with the rugby shirt too! There is something so fun about yellow, black, and white. I think I'll even wear my yellow bubble necklace with it! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see what outfits I can come up with!

      Delete
  5. You got some amazing deals! I have the citron eyelet skirt...LOVE it. But I didn't get nearly as good of a deal on it!! Jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The circle eyelet skirt is gorgeous. I wonder why it lasted on the sale rack for so long?! I think Rose posted that it was selling at her store for like $14.99--now that's a steal! I think there are so many colors that can work with it on top.

      Delete
  6. Great buys! I hit up J Crew twice this weekend --- some deals are too good to miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree--the prices were too good to pass up, and I could have easily went overboard. I saw that you got the sandwashed silk tee. The fuschia color is beautiful! I almost got it, but decided last minute not to. I wish that I would have at least tried it on.

      Delete
    2. BTW ... I had to go grab that black and white rugby after seeing it on you. What a steal!

      Delete
    3. Glad you went for it! I would have bought the jade one if my size was left too!

      Delete
  7. Wow, all these outfits are so cute!! You're making me reconsider that rugby stripe top, think I may need to look for it one size up to wear like a somewhat slouchy sweater over a shirt. It's so smart to stock up on closet staples while the prices are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely like the rugby stripe top--it was surprisingly a hit for me! I like it layered with a shirt under--great for fall. The jade color was also beautiful, but the black/white stripes is such a classic look. The shorts were a really good deal.

      Delete
  8. So pretty. You chose wisely, bc all those items look like they will pair together nicely! Great prices too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like how everything goes together too! I even have a white and a yellow bubble necklace on the way, so that will add even more fun to the mix. Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the link! The rugby boatneck looks great on you, I love it with bright colors. And can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I read each and every comment and I do my best to respond. I appreciate kind and constructive comments and I reserve the right to delete comments which I deem to be inappropriate or negative.